Leader of the finops approach
Leader of the finops approach, coordinates the setup and sustainability of business objectives, measures, optimization, and reporting.
Although the approach is collaborative by essence, the finops lead is the key role.
Consistently with the objectives set by the model’s sponsor, he/she ensures that:
- With the sponsor: the business objectives to follow are defined, the governance is set up (including reporting)
- With the development managers/teams : the objectives related to cost control within the development teams are set
- With the application owners: consumption transparency measures and reporting are put in place and that optimization is carried out continuously
- With the head of finance: the reporting, the reinvoicing model, and the procurement policy are defined
- With management control: budgeting / forecasting as well as billing and reporting are supported