CSP/Regions Eligibility process
Companies that adopt the Cloud rarely choose a "mono-cloud only" strategy. The strategy is most often hybrid (let's keep "Legacy" and some multi-cloud). The idea here is therefore to integrate the choice of hosting destination in a standardised process for each (new) solution.
Here is an example to illustrate the practice:
- The company NewCo has defined a Cloud First strategy oriented multi-cloud AWS and Azure.
- It has a preference for AWS unless there are strong constraints on the technology side or if the envisaged cost is significantly more based on Azure.
- The company has already selected the possible regions for each of the suppliers according to latency, compliance, cost, etc...
From there, the decision process for a new solution can be very simple:
A more sophisticated process could take into account:
- the BU at the origin of the request,
- the type of application,
- the level of confidentiality required,
- the regulatory constraints that apply,
- the latency constraints,
- the target customers,